Friday, November 14, 2008

"They say it's your birthday..."

There is just something about celebrating birthdays that always gets me excited. Maybe it's the cake and icecream, or giving presents, or just the all out joyfulness. I really enjoy other people's birthdays more than my own. Yesterday was my friend, Sara's birthday. My two friends, Jen and Shannon, and I went all out. Tuesday we went to Target to pick up some things and we had to be pretty secretive and make sure that she wouldn't know why we were gone. So Thursday we blew up like 25 balloons which covered the floor of her room. We also hung streamers all over and created a curtain by the door. We got her chocolate and a bunch of random things along with a birthday crown. We knew that she would be back around 5 so we sat in her room and waited to surprise her. A few minuted before 5 I wanted to run to my room to grab my camera but on my way back I see Sara coming up from the stairs. I am notorious for smiling whenever I am lying so it was really hard for me to not completely ruin it. I got someone to distract her for a minute while I ran back to her room. I would say that she actualy was pretty surprised and shocked that we would go through so much trouble. For dinner we went to a hookah lounge for some hookah and good Persian food. After that, we came back to our floor and hung out until pretty late, just eating chocolate cake. I think that we made her birthday pretty special. There are a lot of birthdays this weekend.. tomorrow is one of my good friend's birthday so I'm going to try to see him tonight.

No comments: