Monday, November 10, 2008

somewhere only we know

So today was kind of hard. A year ago today my grandfather passed away. The year leading up to his passing was a very difficult one for my family and affected me more than I can even say. So today served as a memorium to the struggle that we all went through. Not a day goes by that I don't think of him. The events that passed left my grandmother and me somewhat estranged and distant. It was as if there was a deep canyon, an enormous space between us that we both recognized but neither wished to address. I'm being pretty honest right now for I really don't ever talk about this. I'm sure that she made advances to reduce the gap but I guess I wasn't really ready. I've thought a lot about everything lately and realized my mistakes. Today I called her to let her know that I was thinking about her. It's a good step in the right direction.

I guess you could say that I was somewhat in mourning today or really I just spent the whole day in remembrance. Despite my reserved disposition, I still managed to be brightened by the magnificance of life. I am generally happy where I am right now. There is nothing that I would change about my present situation. I love that my friends from home and school can cheer me up when I'm feeling down by just being themselves, I love that we are right in the middle of the most beautiful season and surrounded by the most vibrant shades of yellow, red, and orange, I love everything that I get to experience. It's funny that I feel no shame in opening up my mind and soul for this blog. I guess that it's just comfortable.

No comments: