Wednesday, November 19, 2008

steady as she goes

Hmm lets see what happened today. It was a really beautiful, cold day. Yesterday was very cold with a strong wind which ripped right through you. It flurried off and on which was pretty and gives hope that it may actually snow this winter. For some reason when it snows it seems colder. Maybe because you are so enraptured by the falling flurries that you forget how cold you are. Today was pleasant: a blue and cloudy sky. It was definitely cold but walking in the sun made everything ok. Between math and english today, I got a good amount of work done for my essay and I am mostly done but I still need to write a good introduction and conclusion. I actually went to math today though I really did not want to. I guess it was good that I went because I have an exam right after the thanksgiving break. I came back and did a lot of work but there were distractions everywhere. My roommate insisted upon watching tv even though she claimed that she wanted to get a lot of work done. So I went to the lounge and was content until this very loud girl came in with a friend and 'studied.' It drives me crazy, there really is no quiet place to do work. I even get distracted in the library because there are so many people around. After an hour of trying to write I went to dinner with a huge group from my floor. We went to get the turkey dinner from the diner, which wasn't really that great but at least put me in the thanksgiving mood. I probably ate too much but it's ok. I've been working in various friends' rooms who are studying because I really can't study in my own. My roommate is talking to her boyfriend on the phone or watching tv or talking or whatever. Don't get me wrong, I love my roommate but sometimes you just need to get away. So I'm currently in my friends' room doing homework, a lot of reading tonight which is a pain. It's hard to believe that tomorrow is already thursday.

No comments: