Saturday, November 29, 2008

played in faded time

Once my head hit the pillow wednesday night, I was out, never stirring the whole night. The sun streaming through my east-facing window awoke me. I heard my parents talking in the kitchen. Noises tend to carry throughout my house making sleeping late almost impossible. I grabbed an overflowing cup of good coffee, something I missed at school, and helped my mom prepare some food. My family went to my aunt's house for Thanksgiving, which is just about an hour away. The food was absolutely amazing and I definitely ate more than my fill. We watched terps basketball as they played in the Old spice classic tournament. Surprisingly they won and they acually played great. Dave Neal was the player of the game which is shocking because of his performances last year. He hit like 3 three pointers, though his kay-ups need some improvement. You have to be able to make the easy ones. Overall the day was really relaxing. Friday I went to the Verizon store with my mom to get a new phone. It took 2 hours to get waited on and then I ended up having to get a really cheap horrible phone. Needless to say, it left me a little bit upset. That night, family came over my house to celebrate my dad's birthday. Another meal with really good food which is detrimental to my health but what can i do, it is the holiday season. It was good to catch up with family and talk to my cousin who is a freshman at Indiana. We were ableto compare lifestyles and academics and stuff. Around 9, my friend picked me up and we went to my best friend's house to hang out and catch up. It was a little bit anti-climactic, I guess I imagined everyone to be a little bit more excited to see everyone but oh well, it was still fun.

No comments: