Wednesday, November 19, 2008

my better half

After math today I took my brother to lunch. He sprained his ankle and broke his heel I think so he's on crutches. He can't hold hold the tray and get food for himself at the diner so I have been helping him out when I can. I also pay for his food because I'm pretty sure that he's out of points already and I am struggling to get rid of my points. I'm sure that he feels bad asking his friends to help him all of the time so I'm happy to help. It's not even just because we're family so I should feel obligated, I just really want to help him out. His roommate, who is also one of his good friends, has been helping him out a lot. He's a good guy We sat and talked for a long time about basketball and his fraternity and classes. We both are hard core basketball fans and will analyze every Maryland game. My brother knows a whole lot about sports, I always go to him whenever I have a question. I really like being able to see my brother a lot at school. We always have been really close, pretty much since birth, especially since he's only 13 months older than me. A lot of people who know both of us will say that we are exactly the same person. I don't deny it. I mean we have our differences but I think that we form complements that fit together. In high school, we had a lot of the same friends and now, in college, the trend is continuing. His frat is having a semi-formal and he's taking one of my friends, one of his frat brothers is taking me, and another brother is taking another one of my friends. Some of the guys that I was friends with in high school decided to join my brother's frat so we now have even more common friends. So yea our lives are pretty intertwined but I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: