Saturday, November 29, 2008

strange overtones

Tuesday night pretty much everyone had gone home. My friend Shannon wasn't leaving until wed afternoon so we hung out all night. We were with some other friends but it really was just a lazy night. Shannon and I ended up watching Titanic, which is a movie that I will always love, and then going to bed by 12. I woke up wednesday with pretty high expectations for what I would achieve. I got up early and went to the gym. Good start. I got back and wrote a government short essay and began notes for another essay. However, after that I pretty much lost all motivation. I wasn't going to be leaving campus until around 6:30 that night because my sister was working at the gym until 6. That meant that I pretty much just hung around my dorm room doing nothing all day. I ended up watching Pretty Woman which is one of my favorite movies and just relaxing. I guess I couldn't get any work done because i was so excited to go home. It had been so long since I had been home, at least over a month and even when I went home, it was only for one night. When I left my dorm building, I'm pretty sure that I was the absolute last one to leave the building besides the RAs. Pretty pathetic. I walked over to La Plata, where my brother lives, and waited outside in the cold for my sister to show up. She came right on time, always being the reliable one, but my brother strolled outside a few minutes late. Getting home was the most rewarding feeling. We missed all the traffic which was great. It was amazing to see the familiar landmarks of my hometown, to drive up the twisty wooded roads, to breathe clean, crisp country air. It seemed to be straight out of a movie, driving up to my house, with all of the lights on, beckoning you inside. No better feeling than coming home.

No comments: