Sunday, November 16, 2008

Any way the wind blows

It is hard to believe that is it the middle of November right now. Just a week and a half until Thanksgiving and then two or three weeks after that until Winter Break. It's really crazy. This semester has gone by so fast I don't evenreally know what to say. I feel like my life is moving way too fast for me to actually stop and enjoy it. I wish that just for a moment I could stop the ever moving sands of time. Wishful thinking. I want to enjoy every aspect of my life, embrace the changes, spend time thinking. You should always stop and take time to appreciate the world around you. Life is too short not to. I love November: the leaves are changing, the weather is cool, the wind is captivating. I guess I just want time to stop and enjoy it. Yesterday encompassed my favorite kind of weather. I walked out the door only to be embraced by a warm wind which arises before a storm. It was the calm before the storm. The clouds moved so quickly and were a smoky blue-grey. They were the fluffy and yet ominous clouds of rain. It started to rain right before the game but it pretty much jsut cam and went throughout. It was a cold and yet almost pleasant rain. At the football game, I may have spent more time staring at the clouds than at the actual football players. That's how easily I get distracted by my surroundings. I took some awesome pictures of the sky though and, right before halftime, a rainbow appeared above the stadium. I think that it was an appropriate sign considering the outcome of the game.

No comments: