Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I got you, babe

I hope that I am a person that people can rely on. I would much rather listen to someone spill their heart out than spill out my own. I consider myself quiet, introspective. In my opinion, why would I break the natural sound of silence with rambling nonsense? However, I enjoy listening to others, observing others. My roommate just told me something troubling her mind and I sat there and took it all in. I tried to give her sound advice, but I mainly was there to just comfort. There's a deep connection, a bond, through these interactions. Am I just the type of person that is asking to be told everything on someone's mind? Maybe. Maybe I just appreciate it when it happens. Personally, I feel more comfortable writing down my thoughts. Could this be because I don't trust people with my thoughts? But I want them to trust me with theirs. Ironic.

No comments: