Monday, September 22, 2008

Something

I feel like I have been immersed in government reading all day. I probably read over 40 pages of dense text and every moment I was distracted by something or other. Struggling to stay interested in Locke and Liberalism, I realized that maybe I should really start to rethink my direction. I don't mind government but I obviously do not love it. Why is it my major? There must be something out there that I wouldn't mind doing for the rest of my life. It's just so final. What if I change my mind? Actually no matter what I decide on within the next four years, I'm sure that I will change my mind at some point. When I talk to people and they know exactly what they want to do for a job I feel slightly jealous. I can't be like that, I can't stick to a plan. How can someone be so sure about something? Are there never any doubts?

1 comment:

Kendall said...

I know exactly how you feel! That's why it's taken me so long to decide what to do. I should be graduating this year, but I was freaking out my senior year of high school because everyone had a plan except me, so I took a year and a half off before I started community college. I graduated with an associates and still had absolutely no plan. But don't worry. I think one day it will just hit you when you stop worrying about it. Seriously. I told myself that I was going to give myself 6 months of not worrying about my future career. I think telling myself "you don't know what you want to do, but that's ok" was what I really needed. Best wishes!