Friday, September 19, 2008

Narrative

I was a member of Saving the Music club at my high school and was an officer, it was one of teh only clubs that I was really passionate about. The goal of this club is to raise money to buy instruments for inner-city schools which lack the funding for a music program. Three times a year we organize concerts to raise this money. In the fall and spring we have Open-Mic Nights. A good amount of people volunteer to play for a crowd of students and parents and we charged $5 per person. I always performed...sometimes with my brother, sometimes with my best friend, and one time by myself (by far the most nerve-racking). The concerts demonstrated the influence that music had on each student's life. Music was and still is Life. There was nothing more rewarding than being involved in providing this same feeling for other students who were previously deprived of music.

No comments: