Sunday, September 28, 2008

Have you ever seen the rain

My best friend, Amanda, came to visit me friday. She goes to school in New Hampshire but came back home for a weekend to visit. My other two best friends were supposed to come but something came up and they couldn't get a ride down. I'm not terribly surprised. Anyway, Amanda and I have been friends since 6th grade and honestly have been through our share of highs and low but still she has always been there for me. I missed her a lot so it was really good to see her. We pretty much just hung out together all night, catching up on each other's lives, eating ice cream and brownies. It was one of those nasty, rainy nights. Honestly, I had no motivation to get all dressed up and go out in the rain to get soaked out so we stayed in and hung out with my friends from the floor. The next day, my sister picked us up to go get bagels for breakfast. Amanda had to leave by 12 because she wanted to visit other friends at Towson University. It was really good to see her, I mean we talk on the phone almost every day but it's just not the same.
Last night I went to Santa Fe to see a Red Hot Chili Peppers cover band. I went with probably about 20 people from my floor. It was insane trying to get us all on the same bus. It was a lot of fun. However, I definitely feel like I wasted this day recovering from staying up late last night. i still have some work to do but I don't know how much of it will actually get done. Ohhh the life of a college student.

No comments: