Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Sound of Settling

It’s been one week since I have started college and so far I absolutely love it. I have complete freedom that I have never experienced before, but, of course, I know not to abuse it. I just really like only being in class for a few hours and then having the rest of the day to do homework or whatever I want. I really like my classes a lot. My Women’s Studies class already has broadened my view on society and society’s accepted norms.
Socially, college has been a lot of fun! The people on my floor are really nice and really down to earth. I get along great with my roommate and I have gotten close with a lot of people. I see my brother and sister more here than I did at home. Robbie lives in LaPlata so I see him at the diner a lot. I played on a soccer team with Alexis and people that she works with at the gym. It was a lot of fun even though I haven’t played in forever so I could use some practice. I do not think that I have left my building without seeing someone from my high school. I’m trying not to rely on high school people to hang out with so I can focus on meeting new people. So far I have been good with this. But, it is nice to see familiar faces sometimes when I am out.
So yes, University of Maryland has met my expectations and I truly am having a great time!

No comments: