Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tuesdays Gone With The Wind

My best friend is coming to visit this weekend! She goes to New Hampshire but her fall break is this weekend so she's going to come see me for a few days. I have to say that I am pretty excited.
Tuesdays are definitely my worst day. I have an hour and a half of womens studies at 9:30 and an hour and fifteen minutes of government right after that...the morning is very long. Then I have UNIV later that evening which, to be honest, is incredibly dull and just a little bit pointless. I really shouldn't be complaining, I have a huge break in the middle of the day to do work and eat but I'm so relaxed by that point that I do not at all feel like going back out into campus for another class. Everyone is returning to the dorms when I have to grab my books and walk in the other direction. But I'm sure that I can deal with it. It's not like it's a hard class or anything.
It's funny, I never thought that this would happen but I have to call my mom every day, whether our conversation lasts one, twenty, or sixty minutes. I may be one of the only ones around that does that. I've just always been so close to my mom that I can't imagine not being able to talk to her every day.
Something made me really pretty mad today, and maybe just a little disappointed in society. Some guys on my floor are organizing a football game and I was with them when they were discussing it. They didn't bother to ask me if I wanted to play and when I mentioned it they said that I could always be the cheerleader... who ever said that gender stereotypes were dead was surely mistaken. Then one of the guys keeps asking to play me in basketball, one-on-one, to settle whether or not girls can play sports as well as guys.... right. As if one game can settle such an odd question that really should never have been asked in the first place. And really, wouldn't that only settle the better player of the two individuals?

No comments: