Monday, September 15, 2008

While My Guitar Gently Weeps

After getting five hours of sleep per night (sometimes less) for three weeks, I am officially tired. I am just at the point where I need a power nap in the middle of the day or an extra cup of coffee in the morning. It's rough and yet I can't change my routine. Somehow I still find the energy to finish all of my my homework pretty early, play my guitar, and go to the gym.
I was playing my guitar, one of my favorite songs, 'Babe I'm Gonna Leave You' by Led Zeppelin when I got a call from my mom. So I stepped into the hall to talk and I heard that song playing down the hall on the boy's side. This was just too weird of coincidence so I had to go check it out. Sure enough it was the guy from the room closest to mine. Apparently we have telepathy...or maybe he just heard me, or we just have the same great taste in music. Anyway so I brought my guitar over and we jammed for a long time. My brother called and he came over to play too. It was pretty chill. I was clearly the amateur of the group but it was a lot of fun. So I'm hoping that with all of my free time, because my classes really aren't that much work, I will have a lot of time to play guitar and get really good. What a modest goal.
Today I went to a meeting for an extreme sports club: rock climbing, kayaking, caving, mountain biking, and s'mores!!! I've never really been exposed to any extreme sports but I went to the meeting anyway just to check it out. It seems pretty cool but I would be a true beginner so we'll see how I do.
So right now I'm just sitting in my room with Jen, Rachel, and Teressa, just doing homework and listening to music. I could probably fall asleep right now but I can't.

No comments: