Monday, October 13, 2008

Touch of Grey

It was inevitable for this to happen and yet somehow I didn't believe it could happen to me. I am sick. Living in such close quarters with no place to hide, no way to isolate yourself, sickness spreads unbelievably fast in a dorm. My friend has a sinus infection , my roommate has a permanent cough, innumerable people have colds. I held out for a pretty long time, I guess I thought that my immune system was pretty strong but it couldn't stand up against the lack of sleep and poor diet. I didn't even feel that bad until a few hours ago but as soon as it came on, I grabbed medicine and tea as fast as possible. Maybe it has something to do with the changingweather. It would be miserable to be sick right now. The worst part about it is even though I am incredibly tired right now, I can't sleep. My roommate has a friend from home here and they are watching a movie. I'd rather not ruin their good time so I guess I'm kind of just attempting to rest by doing homework in bed.
Today was an incredibly easy day. Since english was cancelled, I scheduled an appointment with my academic advisor to go over my four year plan. The meeting went well, though I'm not any closer to realizing where I want to be in four years. After that I went to the library to write an essay for women's studies which took a few hours. Math was cancelled today too so I didn't have any class today. I was able to get ahead in my work for a lot of classes which relieves a good amount of stress. So at least that's one less worry.

No comments: