Saturday, October 11, 2008

Subterranean Homesick Blues

After almost a month and a half away, I am finally home. I'm sitting in my room right now and it's still so hard to believe that I ever left. The beginning of my college career feels like a dream. What if it was? Though, I guess I wouldn't be blogging for an english assignment then. I honestly missed home so much while I was away but I didn't want to miss anything at school so I wasn't willing to leave for a weekend. But this weekend is family weekend so a lot of people are going home so it was a convenient time to go home. Plus, my cousin's wedding is Sunday so I guess I didn't really have a choice. I definitely needed a break from all of the distractions and drama and work. Truthfully, I missed my room, my bed, my kitchen, my stuff and most importantly my parents. That was the longest that I have ever been away and, though I had a lot of fun, it's good to be home. I had to wake up pretty early this morning so that we could get back in time for a doctor's appointment. My sister has a car on campus so she drove me, my brother, and my friend, Alex, home. I think everyone had gone to bed sometime after 4 the night before so, needless to say, it was a rough drive for all of us.
After a greeting with my mom, the first thing that I did was look for food. Isn't that sad? It makes me seem as if I was emaciated for a month...far from it...but there just is comfort in food from home. Everyone is probably tired of hearing me talk about how much I miss my dad's cooking. He always adds extra spice and flavor to his cooking which is such a sharp contrast from the diner's bland monotony. I talked with my mom for a long time and then the sleep deprivation arose... I took a three hour nap in the middle of the day. But no joke, it was the most restless sleep I have ever had. I missed my bed so much when I was at school. The sleep was needed for sure, it's hard to survive on an average of 6 hours of sleep every night (and only 4 hours of sleep the night before). For dinner, my family went to our favorite Chinese restaurant where I ate to my heart's content. I definitely got my fair share of spicy food! I intend on going to bed early...but after being used to never going to bed until well after midnight, I don't know how well that plan will work out.

No comments: