Monday, October 20, 2008

Free Falling

Mid-October and it's truly beginning to feel like autumn. It is to the point where you can wear long sleeves and jeans and maybe a sweatshirt to be comfortable outside. The leaves are still mostly green but have a mixture of the reds, yellows, oranges, browns that characterize the season. By far autumn is my favorite season. The temperature is perfect and the colors of the scenery capture my feelings. My room at home, as a manifestation of my personality, is inspired by this season. Unfortunately, with every change of season I manage to get sick which is bad but I'm sure it will pass. Right now I'm rocking the raspy voice and cough which make singing nearly impossible.
I don't really know what to say right now about school. A large part of me is having a great time with college, all of the freedom and studying subjects that are interesting. But, I miss home and it's lazier ways. I guess I'm a little overwhelmed with all of the work and trying to still emphasize a social life. I just really want to be able to play my guitar and write and read and breathe just for a minute. I wish that I could just do the things that I love all of the time. I'm sure that that is a typical desire, but not at all realistic.

No comments: