Tuesday, December 9, 2008

far past the frozen leaves

cast your dancing spell my way, i promise to go under it. then take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind, down the foggy ruins of time, far past the frozen leaves, the haunted frightened trees, out to the windy beach, far from the twisted reach of crazy sorrow. Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky, with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves. Let me forget about today until tomorrow.
I'm sitting at my desk right now contemplating those magical lines. They hang on the wall by my computer. Not a day goes by that I do not read them. These are lines written by the poetic Bob Dylan. There is just something about these lines that captures my very soul, as if he read my mind from thirty years before my birth. Dylan's lyrics are the best parts of his work. Yes, his voice is unusual and calming, his guitar and harmonica skills are great, and he is nothing short of an icon but it is his words which are so inspiring.

No comments: